A heartfelt thanks to all the hard work of my campaign re-election committee for turning out such a resounding victory on November 6. We garnered over 66% of the votes cast, a clear signal that Lodians want my experience and leadership on the Council for another 4 years. I will work hard to maintain their trust, especially in the areas of economic growth, balanced budgets and enhanced public safety.
Special thanks go to my wife Jan, who served as Treasurer, never missing a beat with the voluminous reporting requirements; to campaign manager Dave Kirsten, who motivated me and the team with his enthusiasm; to Mike Carouba and Mike Georguson, who installed dozens of the red and white “Chandler for Council” signs which greeted citizens all over the City; and to the generous campaign donations on behalf of family, friends and leading businesses in Lodi. Furthermore I would like to thank the dozens of endorsers along the way, and the hundreds of supporters who allowed us to place signs in their yards.
I feel warmly embraced by this outstanding level of support from our community, and will reciprocate with dedicated leadership. While we certainly have our challenges, I feel that Lodi’s best days are still ahead of us, and I will work hard to make that a reality.
Thank you Lodi citizens for electing me to serve you on the City Council since 2014. It has been my pleasure to represent you in guiding City staff to maintain and improve high levels of service across all City departments – Public Safety, the Electric Utility, Administration, Parks and Recreation, and the Public Library. Of course we have some challenges ahead but I am prepared to face them due to my many years of community leadership, and my experience on the Council, and as Mayor.
I moved to Lodi in 1991 after accepting a position as Executive Director of the Lodi Winegrape Commission. Before long I grew to love the community and the outstanding quality of life Lodi has to offer. In my twenty years at the Commission I led an effort that transformed Lodi into a fine wine region of international acclaim, while at the same time increasing the number of wineries from eight to nearly one hundred. Many of those wineries are in downtown Lodi, infusing new life into our town. To enhance these efforts we created the new Lodi Wine and Visitor Center, and we co-funded the Lodi Conference and Visitor Bureau with the City of Lodi. Wine tourism has since become one of the pillar industries in Lodi’s economy. We have created hundreds of good paying jobs and enhanced economic stability in the region. It is on this solid record of leadership, ingenuity, and job creation that I feel qualified to serve on the Lodi City Council. My educational qualifications include an Agribusiness Degree from Cal Poly and a Master’s in Organizational Management and Development. With your support we will continue to improve Lodi’s quality of life into the future.
Aggressive Job Creation
- Jobs are the lifeblood of an economy and every community wants them – Lodi has only an average record in this area and I will work hard to remove barriers to entry of new companies
- My agribusiness career will be beneficial in growing agri-tourism for which I have created hundreds of jobs over the last 20 years.
- I will work directly with existing employers to expand their businesses, and to ensure timely and efficient response by the appropriate City departments
- This is the most important tool for the future of Lodi and I will be a budget watchdog
- Representing 750 growers for 20+ years I am highly experienced at budgeting and planning
- Citizens should get value for their tax dollars and the City must be transparent and efficient. I will insist every expenditure be justified and is both necessary and beneficial to our community
Quality of Life
- Known for its beauty and conservative nature, Lodi is truly a special place. I will strive to preserve the quality of Lodi by supporting those organization and citizens who give so much
- Lodi has some very unique and impressive assets like Hutchins Street Square and Lodi Lake. I will assure those assets receive the continued support they require to serve our community.
- Lodi’s youth are vital to this community and I will work to increase our support of youth and sports programs